Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bathroom Etiquette

Let’s talk about something that I like to call: Bathroom Etiquette

Maybe it’s just me, but when it comes to the bathroom I feel like there are a few different unspoken rules that should be sworn by. They are as follows:

1.       In a mixed-gender bathroom – Keep the toilet seat down. (Can I hear an amen ladies?). Though feminist that I am, I still believe in chivalry in the most basic of forms. Just as I expect a man (or woman for that matter) to hold the door open for the person behind them, I also expect us all to put the seat back to its engineered position of down.

2.       Replace the roll – I’m going to take this one step further. If you see that the roll has just one or two sheets left, you do not get off on a technicality. Put another roll in there preparing for those two sheets to possibly not be enough for the next person to get by with.

3.       Knock Before Entering – Not only is this good manners it will also save you and the fool who forgot to lock the door a lot of embarrassment. Especially at work! You do not want to see that!

4.       Lock the Door – You saw that coming right?

5.       Respect the bubble- What I mean by this is if you’re in a public restroom and you have plenty of stall options, don’t go next to the occupied stall. It’s a solo activity, so why not form a mutual understanding that we all ignore each other in there? (Unless somebody is out of paper.)


I’m sure there’s more but those are my top 5. Which rules would you add?

No comments:

Post a Comment